I was very interested to look up 'tanka' and find that even accidental rhymes can be considered bad form in waka. I strive for accidental rhymes! When I consciously construct stuff like that, it's, ah, ruined. Practice makes perfect, even with eyes shut. See? Ruined.
Thanks as always for the poem. I seem to be leaving rather a string of comments today; it's because I decided to take the time to read a bunch of your stuff after I got my work done, and so I am typically reading as much of it as I can at once. After which, I'll forget about the bookmark for a while, or possibly start writing prose again and forget about everything for a long time, which is what happens. It's like gardening - suddenly four hours are gone, and you've been happily fussing over some grammar. Poems are more like harvesting wild plants, I find - you walk along, and there they are, and you rush up and nab the pretty things.
2 comments:
Wow. Beautiful. Love dripping leaded glass/beside window-narrow bed
I was very interested to look up 'tanka' and find that even accidental rhymes can be considered bad form in waka. I strive for accidental rhymes! When I consciously construct stuff like that, it's, ah, ruined. Practice makes perfect, even with eyes shut. See? Ruined.
Thanks as always for the poem. I seem to be leaving rather a string of comments today; it's because I decided to take the time to read a bunch of your stuff after I got my work done, and so I am typically reading as much of it as I can at once. After which, I'll forget about the bookmark for a while, or possibly start writing prose again and forget about everything for a long time, which is what happens. It's like gardening - suddenly four hours are gone, and you've been happily fussing over some grammar. Poems are more like harvesting wild plants, I find - you walk along, and there they are, and you rush up and nab the pretty things.
Post a Comment