Thank you Jenn. This resulted from a rash of tanka writing I was doing last winter. I also happened to be reading a new bio of Dickinson at the time. The poem's other title is "Amherst, Midwinter." There's not much to it, but I hope it captures a tiny moment in the great poet's endless journey toward perfection and her perpetual retreat from society.
3 comments:
Beautiful. So much in such a short space.
Thank you Jenn. This resulted from a rash of tanka writing I was doing last winter. I also happened to be reading a new bio of Dickinson at the time. The poem's other title is "Amherst, Midwinter." There's not much to it, but I hope it captures a tiny moment in the great poet's endless journey toward perfection and her perpetual retreat from society.
Nice! I haven't seen Tanka in a while. Such a lovely little form...
Post a Comment